Samsung: Galaxy S III didn’t combust by itself


TechNewsGadget published an article a few weeks ago with regards to an exploding Samsung Galaxy S III. After weeks of speculation, the culprit behind the exploding device has been found out.

Samsung, upon hearing that a Galaxy S III suddenly combusted, did an investigation as to what caused the sudden combustion. They sought the help of a fire investigations team in UK for further analysis of the Galaxy S III in question.

What they investigators found out was that the Galaxy S III didn’t combust on itself, nor was it caused by a faulty design.

According to Samsung in a statement they posted on their site, “The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave.”

So there you have it. The Galaxy S III in question didn’t combust by itself. It was in fact placed in a microwave oven. Did the owner accidentally exposed the smartphone to water and hastily placed it in the microwave to dry it off?

The owner of the Galaxy S III in question retracted his allegation that his device combusted by itself.

Well, at least Samsung Galaxy S III is safe!