Advice and Tips : Things To Consider When Buying A Laptop
There are several things to take into consideration when you buy a laptop. If people ask as which laptop is the best, we cannot answer that. The kind of laptop we buy depends on what our needs and preferences are. For those who are not that too knowledgeable about gadgets and devices, here are some tips.
What To Look For In A Laptop
Try to consider these tips when you buy a laptop:
1) SIZE – if you want portability, then you should probable choose one with a smaller screen and light in weight. Laptops marketed as UltraBooks should fit your bill.
2) SCREEN QUALITY – since you will be using your laptop for hours, choose a laptop whose screen is comfortable to look at. Laptops with touchscreens are glossy. Being glossy means having reflections.
So if you are not comfortable with staring at a screen with reflections for as long time, choose a laptop without the touchscreen feature. Resolution should also be considered if you want plenty of space to line up windows and keep things in view.
And the most important is the viewing angles. A laptop that touts IPS (in-plane switching) technology offers the widest viewing angles and the best user comfort.
3) KEYBOARD QUALITY – A laptop with a comfortable keyboard is something to consider for long typing sessions. Choose a laptop with comfortable keyboards. A keyboard with full-sized keys and space around the arrow keys. The keyboard must have a snappy responsiveness when you let them go. Make sure that the keyboard is backlit so you can type even in dim environment. As with the screen, try out the keyboard first before you buy if your main reason for buying a laptop is typing.
4) CPU – think Core i3, Core i5,and Core i7. These CPUs give the best performance when it comes to multitasking and multimedia tasks.
5) RAM – you need 4GB of RAM or more to get the most out of your system. More RAM means more applications running at the same time and more data to be quickly accessible by the system at any one time. This comes handy for tasks such as editing photos.
6) STORAGE – hard drives can be slow, bulky and produce noticeable heat and noise. A solid state drive (SSD) however, offers a lot more speed than a hard drive, runs silently, and can be installed in a form factor that doesn’t add too much on the weight and bulk of a laptop.
7) BATTERY LIFE – many variables affect battery life. It does not affect the functions of a laptop. Factors like screen brightness, screen resolution, and the tasks that you run are some of these factors. To prolong your battery life, make adjustments on the factors that affect it.
8) USB 3.0 – look for a laptop that has at least several USB 3.0 ports. This is used for plugging in hard drive to back up your data, mouse, and a fancy keyboard.
9) FINGERPRINT READER and TPM – fingerprints are great for logging into mobile devices. The latest Windows 10 Operating System makes more use of this with its Windows Hello System. Passwords can be guessed by other people. But with fingerprinting, only you can have access to your device.
10) BUILD QUALITY – despite our being careful with our laptops, it is inevitable that it might fall or be dropped, or get bashed. So choose a laptop who has undergone a lot of tests and with certifications for it.
So these are the most important things you have to consider when buying a laptop. Hopefully it will guide you to buying one which will help you accomplish your task. And one which you will be satisfied with.