Android Oreo Update
There hasn’t been any announcement released about the new Android Oreo update. But it looks like that Samsung is seeding the update to some Galaxy Note 8 smartphones.
Samsung hasn’t officially announce anything about this, but some users of the said phone are claiming that they received the update.
Because only few users were able to receive the update, it looks like Samsung is having a test run.
An Oreo beta testing is available for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ but not with the Note 8 which is why it’s surprising.
It won’t be long before we would see the update on high-end 2017 phones from the company.
One user was kind enough to post the changes which were noticed in the new update.
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in picture support (so far I have noticed it in YouTube and google maps)
- App specific long press menus from launcher (can no longer put apps to sleep from that menu or open app settings)
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Autofill API support (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification categories
- Customization options for notification badges
- Keyboard uses gify for gif search support (doesn’t work in gboard with stock messaging still)
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to ONLY view Samsung cloud items
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third party apps with Samsung pass
- Android Security patch for January