The idea of getting free stuff from the internet is so intriguing that people download things from the net. The likes of free music, movies and other things that individuals’ values have flooded the net and it’s easy for people to get them.
With the influx of these freebies, businesses such as music companies and movie studios have teamed up with websites that charge minimal fees to their customers to legally download these said things. Though there are a ton of websites out there that offer this kind of services, losses are still being counted on the sales of this companies.
iTunes, Apple’s own virtual music store have been in this business for quite some time now. They have helped artists in legally selling music to their clients. Though there is still the problem of piracy, at least they are making headway in trying to eliminate the problem.
Last week they released the top 10 most downloaded tracks for the week ending Feb. 20, 2012. Here is the list:
1. “Part of Me,” Katy Perry
2. “I Will Always Love You,” Whitney Houston
3. “Rolling in the Deep,” ADELE
4. “Set Fire to the Rain,” ADELE
5. “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You),” Kelly Clarkson
6. “We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monae),” Fun.
7. “Starships,” Nicki Minaj
8. “Turn Up the Music,” Chris Brown
9. “Someone Like You,” ADELE
10. “What Makes You Beautiful,” One Direction
It looks like there is still hope for producers to make money while making music.