The question as to whether the frequent use of cellular phones result to health risks has been around since these mobile gadgets dominated the world.
Although the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says that there is no scientific evidence regarding the negative health effects of exposure to radio frequency energy from mobile phones, the Environmental Working Group insists that this is indeed something to be worried about.
“We would like to be able to say that cell phones are safe,” Olga Naidenko, EWG senior scientist and lead author of the study, informed the public in a statement. “But we can’t. The most recent science, while not conclusive, raises serious issues about the cancer risk of cell phone use that must be addressed through further research. In the meantime, consumers can take steps to reduce exposure.”
So to make the public more aware, the group rated 1,200 cell phones according to their radiation emissions. You can find the list here.
Meanwhile, to those who want to have a quick look, here’s the list of the top 10 mobile phones that emit the highest radiation and their carriers.
1. Motorola MOTO VU204 [Verizon Wireless]
2. T-Mobile myTouch 3G [T-Mobile]
3. Kyocera Jax S1300 [Virgin Mobile]
4. Blackberry Curve 8330 [Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS]
5. Motorola W385 [U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless]
6. T-Mobile Shadow [T-Mobile]
7. Motorola C290 [Sprint, Kajeet]
8. Motorola i335 [Sprint]
9. Motorola MOTO VE240 [Cricket, MetroPCS]
10. Blackberry Bold 9000 [AT&T]