How Do You Set Up An Oculus Rift
How to set up an Oculus Rift have steps to follow. Before anything else, let us know what this is first. The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset. Oculus VR, a division of Facebook, Inc. developed and manufactured this gadget, and was released on March 28, 2016. Let us now go to the setting up your Oculus Rift.
Things To Consider Before Setting Up Your Rift
Before you can set up your Oculus Rift, you have to make sure that your computer is powerful enough to be able to handle what the Rift needs. If your computer’s components are not powerful enough for Oculus Rift, you will need to think about switching out some of those components. Or you can buy a new computer altogether which can handle the power of Oculus Rift.
Steps 0n How To Set Up Your Oculus Rift
Follow these steps when setting up your Oculus Rift:
1.) Download and open the Oculus Software; 2.) Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date (be it Nvidia GPU or AMD GPU); 3.) Remove the protective films from your headset lenses; 4.) Connect the headset cable’s HDMI connector to the HDMI port on your GPU. Make sure you plug it into your graphics card, not your motherboard’s HDMI port; 5.) Connect the headset cable’s USB connector to a USB 3.0 port on your computer. USB ports are blue; 6.) Connect the sensor cable to another USB 3.0 port. Once all these three cables have been plugged in, you should see green icons next to them in the Oculus software indicating that they have been connected successfully; 7) Click next in the Oculus software. Then click “Update Now” on the firmware update screen. Do not unplug the headset while the firmware is being updated.
How To Connect The Oculus Remote
To connect the Oculus Remote, follow the steps below:
- Pull the plastic tab out from the battery door on the back of the remote.
- Press and hold the select button, which is the main button at the top of the remote.
- The remote should automatically connect to the headset.
Setting Up The Oculus Sensors, Touch Controllers, And The Guardian System
Set up the sensors by doing the following:
- Open the Oculus software. Head to “Devices” in the menu, click “Configure Rift” and select “Sensor Setup”.
- Enter your height.
- Place sensors between three and six feet from where your head will be during Rift use. Make sure that there will be no obstructions between the sensor and where your headset would be.
- Hold the headset in front of you and move it around. You will get a notification when the headset and sensor have connected.
- Follow the same steps again for the second sensor.
Setting up the Touch controllers:
- After connecting the Sensors, you will automatically be prompted to set up the Oculos Touch controllers. If you were not prompted, head to the “Devices” menu, hit “Configure Rift”, then press Add Left Touch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the Left Touch controller.
- Follow the process again for the Right Touch controller. To Set up the Guardian System:
- After setting up the Touch, you will be prompted to set up the Guardian System. This maps out where you will be using the Rift and warns you when you are near the boundaries of that area. If you weren’t automatically prompted, go to “Configure Rift” in the Oculus software and hit Guardian System.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the Guardian System.
Now that you have finished setting up your Oculus Rift, have fun and enjoy the world of Virtual Reality.