#194 Games To Play This October

Short show today, still feeling sick and hoping it won’t last much longer.

Listen Now

We Need You To Join Us

Do you love talking about tech, gadget and/or gaming news? So do we! Join the best Facebook group over at http://facebook.com/groups/latestintechnews

Article Links:

Watch On YouTube

Did we miss something on the show? Let us know on Twitter at @technewsgadget! Have news you want to share? Submit it here.

Entry-level MacBooks Launching

WWDC 2018: Entry-level Macbooks

Entry-level MacBooks will be launched by Apple this 2018. Apple will have its developer conference this June. And there are rumors about what Apple is planning to launch. A report said that the company is working on an entry-level MacBook which will be shipped by the end of 2018’s second quarter.

A 9.7 – inch “inexpensive” iPad is also in the works for the second quarter. Along with it are new iPad Pro models being targeted also in the second quarter.

Apple’s entry-level MacBook is expected to arrive in the second quarter. It will have the price tag as the current MacBook Air models in the market. Bit it may probably slightly lower. Apple originally set out to reduce the overall cost by dealing with a China-based display manufacturer bit Apple faced “issues” with the company. So the company relied on a South Korea-based LG display instead.

According to the reports, this entry-level MacBook will have a 13.3-inch amorphous silicon panels. LG display will start supplying these panels in April. This will make the first batch ready by the end of May or beginning of June.

Quanta computer will handle 70 percent of Apple’s orders while the remaining 30 percent will be handled by FoxConn.

Apple’s target in sales for these MacBooks in 2018 is 6 million units. But the company may only hit the 4 million mark due to the end cost.

Apple is targeting a starting price range between $799 and $899.

The 9.7-inch iPad is slated to arrive in the second quarter. It is a refresh of the unit released on 2017. It will cost a mere $259. Supply chain vendors are now shipping components of the refreshed tablet.

Also for the upgraded iPad Pro targeting the second half of 2018.

Apple has a lot of other innovations planned. These innovations are being developed by the company to improve their products and meet the needs of their users. The company is always thinking and developing their products to give their users the best. This is also to attract future users.
So let us all watch out for the coming of the entry-level MacBooks from Apple. Also their other developed and upgraded products. All coming out this 2018.

Nokia: Almost all Apple products violate our patent

Nokia is taking its patent dispute with Apple to the next level.

The world’s largest phone maker has expanded its patent claims and now says that besides the iPhone, almost all of Apple’s products are violating Nokia’s patents. The complaint was filed with the U.S. International Trade commission

According to Nokia, the key features found in Apple Inc.’s products including some aspects of its user interface, antenna, cameras and power management technologies are all infringing. The products having these features include the iPhone, iPods and even Apple’s computers.

In October, the Finish phone maker sued Apple over the popular iPhone saying that it has infringed 10 of their patents. The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Wilmington Del.

Apple fought back  and early this month, has filed a countersuit in the Delaware court claiming that Finland-based phone maker has infringed 13 patents. The company also denied Nokia’s charges.

Now, with the suit filed in the U.S. International Trade commission and if Nokia wins, the Finish phone maker could get an order for Customs to stop imports of Apple’s products and parts which are made overseas.

As of this writing, Apple has not made any response or comment to this recent development.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2009/12/29/20091229biz-mktsector1230.html

>
Exit mobile version