Samsung has reportedly debut Galaxy Tab A 7.0, a budget tablet to be sold in India. The budget tablet carries the model number SM-T285.
Reports say that Galaxy Tab A 7.0 can only be purchased in the South Asian country commencing on the 5th of January this year. In India, Samsung fans can buy the tablet in their favorite stores or from Amazon India.
What we know so far is that Galaxy Tab A 7.0 has a price tag of Rs. 9, 500 which is equivalent to $150 in US currency. Samsung fans can select two variant color options-Black or White-when buying the Galaxy Tab A 7.0.
Also, the South Korean-based tech company has picked Reliance Jio as the company’s partner where owners may eventually receive a cashback amounting to Rs. 2,000 or $32 with the purchase of a Rs. 299 ($5) recharge pack from the carrier.
Accordingly, the cashback will be done for a period of 24 months and eventually, users will have to recharge their tablet within the duration of the contract.
Galaxy Tab A 7.0 specs
Here are the entry-level specs of the budget Galaxy Tab A 7.0:
- 7-inch WXGA TFT LCD with a resolution of 1280 x 800
- 186.9 x 108.8 x 8.7mm and weighs in 286g
- 1.5GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB of RAM and with 8GB of internal storage; can be expanded up to 200GB via a microSD card
- 5 MP rear camera and 2 MP front camera
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS.
Samsung has yet to announce the version of Android that will be installed on the tablet. But one of the highlights of the tablet would be the Kids Mode and other parental control features which allow parents to control or perhaps restrict the access of children to some applications.